What to Know Before Hiring Gutter Installers
June 24, 2021
Installing a durable rain guttering system involves a surprisingly straightforward process if you go about it the right way. A home deserves the most efficient rain gutters to protect its foundations, but installation can be confusing for homeowners who are embarking in the process for the first time. Hiring a professional installer for your residential gutter installation
needs is the best way to preserve your peace of mind, but you should still have an informed idea of what you want. We tell you what to know before hiring gutter installers, so you can identify the best option for your home.
If you've never had rain gutters before, you might still be on the fence on the whole idea. Homes located in dryer climates can fare well without rain gutters, but the truth is that rain gutters are an important asset even in areas where rainstorms are mild but consistent. The damage caused by rainwater is not something that appears overnight; it results from years of changes that your foundations are left to weather on their own.
Hiring a contractor is a great idea as long as you do your research on what they have to offer. You should also know what you want for your gutter profile
, or you might get overwhelmed with all the distinctions separating different types of rain gutters. Of course, your installer will help you through most of the process, but you still need this basic knowledge to make sure that the person you choose is the right one for the job.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Gutter Installation Service
- What's the company's background? A licensed rain gutter company will make no secret of its credentials. Licensure signifies that the company's s operating within the boundaries set by the local laws, and proper insurance will save you from any responsibility in the event of injury or property damage. A well-established company is open about their experience in the industry and their areas of expertise. They should also be easy to find on the Internet, with previous customers ranking their services and leaving online reviews. If you know someone who has hired gutter installers in the past, you can always ask them for recommendations on local companies, since it's always easier to trust the opinion and experiences of the people we know.
- What's the right size for my gutters? Gutters come in different widths and sizes. You can't choose lightly when it comes to the right gutter size because the answer is tied to the size of your home and your roof's area. A steep roof or a roof with more square footage will carry more rainwater during a storm, so your gutter will have to be wider to keep up with it. If your roof has multiple angles and roof lines, it can be trickier to reach the right measurements, so the assistance of a professional contractor may come in handy to ensure a clear-cut process.
- Does the company offer any warranty? Licensed rain gutter companies will offer warranties to cover the costs of faulty materials and poor workmanship. Warranties usually span an average of 5-10 years but depending on the choices you make in terms of materials / style there are instances where they could last for more than a decade.
- Do my gutters need guards? When it comes to gutter accessories, gutter guards are usually at the top of the list. Gutter guards are meant to cover the gutter's interior to prevent clogs, and they can be a real asset if there's a lot of greenery around your home. If your home's surroundings are clear, however, a gutter guard will not bring much to the table. You can always choose to cover certain portions of your guttering system to protect the areas where leaves and branches are more likely to cause problems and leave the rest open. Either way, you need to consider this in advance to prepare your installation budget accordingly.
- How long will it take to have my gutters installed? Since most companies have the equipment to do all the work on-site, gutter installation services are relatively quick, but it's still important to have a closer idea of how long the process will go in case there are time constraints on your end. In general, residential installation work doesn't take more than 4 hours, but the overall duration of the process will depend on how large your property is and how many square feet you're supposed to cover with your gutters. If you're replacing old gutters, you need to consider the time needed to dismantle and put them away.
- Does my roof need some repair work done? This is very important if your home has already sustained damage. If you've had a gutter-less home for years, chances are that some repairs are needed since rainwater has probably been weighing down your roof and foundations.
Most rain gutter companies usually have their services on display, so if you have a specific preference when it comes to styles and materials, you can easily check the information provided on their website to see if they have what you're looking for. If you learn what to know before hiring gutter installers, you'll be better prepared to convey what you want when it's time to define the look and features in your rain gutter system, and if there's a local company that you want to hire, you can always contact them to ask questions and clear out doubts before scheduling an appointment with them.
Rain Gutters Solution provides all the services you need for your rain gutters, from the installation and subsequence maintenance to any repairs that might be necessary down the line. Contact our specialists to get more information concerning our residential gutter installation services calling (305) 270-7779
or filling out the contact
form on this website. Rain Gutters Solution guarantees the best protection to keep your home untouched during the rainy season.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to rain gutters? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @RainGuttersSolution
, Twitter @Gutterssolution
and Instagram @RainGuttersSolution