7 Benefits of Copper Gutters
September 08, 2021
When you hire a rain gutter installation service
, you get multiple materials to choose from for your gutters, and each homeowner has a particular preference. Copper gutters have stayed relevant for decades because of the material's unmatched durability and the refined touch it infuses to a building's appearance. Through the years, they have been deemed effective time and time again, and remain a popular choice for both residential and commercial properties. Let's take a closer look at the advantages that makes them stand out from other options.
Why Go for Copper Gutters?
While not as popular as aluminum gutters
, copper gutters
are still favorite for many homeowners. People with large properties or those with a particular interest in a building's visual appeal tend to gravitate toward copper as their material of choice. After all, copper gutters are known for their sturdiness, and they look unique enough to make a lasting impression when their design is in line with the building's layout. Despite being expensive when compared to other options, copper gutters have many advantages that turn them into an excellent long-term investment. Here we list 7 benefits that make copper gutters a very good choice:
- Durability: Copper gutters can last up to 50 years on average, and even more depending on the circumstances, with accounts stating that copper gutters can stay in place from 70 to 90 years. They are made to withstand all sort of environmental changes, from extreme heat to intense rainstorms and strong winds without getting a single scratch.
- A long-term solution: You need to keep in mind that the durability of copper gutters also makes them one of the most expensive options available. The bright side of this is that you get to spend decades without having to save money to cover extra costs. With proper maintenance, copper gutters can reach the end of their lifespan without going through repairs or replacement, so they are an asset to boost your home's budget in the long run.
- Stability: When they are installed by a professional, copper gutters won't be at risk of sagging or coming apart. Bumps and tears are extremely unlikely because copper has a low thermal co-efficient of expansion. Copper gutters can also hold a great amount of weight without coming apart, so you don't have to worry about ice and snow weighing down your gutters or detaching them from the roof.
- Esthetic appeal: Copper gutters can be built in many different styles and the metal offers a very classy look that doesn't disappear when the material starts to oxidize. At this point, the material acquires a nice green patina that will only enhance the elegant touch that copper gutters are known for. In any case, you also have the chance to shield copper to preserve its original color for longer.
- Low maintenance: Copper has many traits that allow a straightforward method in terms of maintenance. It is resistant to corrosion, as well as to the growth of moss, mold, mildew and fungi. The patina coating also adds to copper's durability against extreme sources of heat and makes is withstand contact with other materials without issue. This results in more freedom while installing the gutters around a specific construction.
- Copper is recyclable: Unlike other materials, copper is sustainable and eco-friendly. After the gutters have reached the end of their lifespan, the copper can be recycled to manufacture other products, tools, and/or goods.
- Increased value: Copper has a high marketing value because of all the advantages listed above. If you plan on selling your property a few decades down the line, a copper rain guttering system will make the whole property much more marketable for future buyers and tenants.
How to Care for Your Copper Gutter
tends to look different depending on the gutter's size and material. When it comes to copper gutter, some general rules still apply. First of all, you must take a close look at your gutters regularly to make sure they are not collecting debris that could eventually block the passage of water. Another problem related to debris buildup is how it affects your gutter's outward look. If you don't make a habit of cleaning your guttering system inside and out, you won't be able to showcase all the esthetic traits that make copper gutters so appealing.
You can use a hose to drive away leaves, dirt, animal droppings, and debris that has stuck to the inside of your gutters. To clean their outside portion, you can use soap and a brush to scrub the copper clean of any stain, dirt, or dust speck.
Maintenance involves a simple process when the gutters have been properly installed by a professional who understands all the structural intricacies that come with getting copper gutters. A professional installation service ensures that the gutters are wide enough in relation to your home. Among other things, this means that your gutter's design remains accessible even after the gutters are in place, with enough space and entry points to make maintenance less of a chore for the person in charge.
Copper gutters offer valuable benefits that will make your investment worth it, and the specialists at Rain Gutters Solution will make sure that you get a one-of-a-kind guttering system to satisfy your home's structural requirements. You can clear your doubts and schedule an appointment with Rain Gutters Solution by calling (305) 270-7779
or filling out the contact
form on this website. We guarantee a stress-free, efficient process!
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to rain gutters? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @RainGuttersSolution
, Twitter @Gutterssolution
and Instagram @RainGuttersSolution