What Unusual Things Can Be Found in Rain Gutters?
May 18, 2016
Rain Gutters are exposed to many different types of dirt, which can make them stop working properly or even damage them. A very important aspect of their maintenance is the cleaning process. This process should be done twice a year and in some cases – when the house is in an area with many trees – even more frequently. The consequences of not cleaning in the right way can be very serious. The gutters can get clogged, and if they are very full of branches, debris, or leaves, they can be damaged. If your house is located in Miami, then it's important to count on a company like Rain Gutters Solution, which is capable of doing a great Miami Rain Gutters Cleaning
During the rain gutter cleaning process, it's normal to find objects like leaves, debris, branches, and even soil. However, these are not the only types of things you can find. When performing the cleaning process, there are often surprises! Most people can't explain how some of these things got there in the first place. Scary animals and toys that were lost many years ago can show up when a rain gutter cleaning is done, and, although these are unusual, they are not as strange for someone who does this process every once in a while.
Take a look at some of the unusual things found in rain gutters:
- Birds: Debris and branches are the perfect materials for building a nest, so it is not that strange to find birds building their nests in rain gutters. If you try to remove the nest, they can become very threatening.
- Snakes: The environment that rain gutters provide when it is not raining is ideal for snakes that are looking for shelter, and sometimes they can stay there for a very long time.
- Pests: Rats, possums, and insects can be found in rain gutters. Once inside, they can hide from predators, give birth to their offspring, and do other activities related to their life in the wild. These animals can spread many diseases, and after enough time, they can even damage the rain gutters.
- Earthworms: Nobody knows exactly how these little insects can get inside rain gutters. Some people think that they are carried by birds or other animals. The thing about earthworms is that they can breed very fast, and in a short amount of time, they can become a plague.
- Toys: Balls and other toys that were forgotten many years ago often show up in rain gutters, and nobody ever knows how they get there.
- Gardens: Thanks to animals and the wind, seeds can get inside rain gutters. If the homeowner doesn't clean or doesn't hire someone to do it with a certain frequency, these seeds can germinate, and over time they will grow and become real gardens with very big plants.
Many things can be found inside rain gutters while cleaning, some of them are expected and others not so much. In some cases, what you find can be dangerous! Look out for very aggressive animals. An important aspect to remember is that the cleaning process must be done with regularity, and how often you should clean depends on the features of the area where the house has been built. For those reasons, it's imperative that the cleaning process be done by qualified professionals, like Rain Gutters Solution, to guarantee that the procedure prevents damage to your property.
If you need a rain gutter cleaning service in Miami or another Rain Gutters Solution service, you can call us at (305) 270-7779 or visit our contact section. Also, you can follow us on Facebook at Rain Gutters Solution and Instagram @RainGuttersSolution so you don't miss any news or announcements.