Rain Gutter Repair or Replacement? 7 Signs That Will Help You Decide
December 01, 2020
Rain gutters are subjected to a lot of abuse from natural elements, especially during the rainy season or hurricane season. During these periods, rain gutters are put to the test because they have to manage a larger amount of water, take many impacts from different kinds of objects, and also endure strong winds. Sometimes, this extra damage causes a real catastrophe, and a simple rain gutter repair
may not be enough to fix the problem. This is when you need to perform a rain gutter replacement.
After a strong climatic event occurs, you must check your rain gutters to verify their condition and see if they are still functional or need a replacement. The following signs will help you to determine if you need to repair or replace your rain gutters.
- Cracks: One or two little cracks may not be an issue, but with the effects of time they can become a real threat to your entire rain gutter system. When you see many cracks, it is time to replace your rain gutter to prevent further damage.
- Broken fasteners: Fasteners are the metal pieces that attach rain gutters to the roof and prevent them from sagging. There will come a time when you must repair them, which is not a big deal, but if you have to do so over and over again, then your rain gutters could be the issue. If so, they probably need a replacement to prevent them from separating from the roof.
- Flooded basements: If your basement becomes flooded, it could be because of a rain gutter leak. If you see many leaks, then you must replace your rain gutters. Otherwise, your home's foundation will become damaged, which represents a real threat to your home and requires very expensive repairs.
- Peeling paint: This is a clear sign of needing a replacement because it means that the problem has been happening for a while. This situation occurs when rain gutters detach from the roof and water runs down the wall, causing the paint to peel off. This is a serious problem because it can lead to severe wall damage, which not only makes them look ugly but also makes them leak.
- Missing rain gutters: Sometimes, after a severe storm, an entire section of the rain gutter system can become detached or be blown away by the wind. There is no clearer sign that you need a rain gutter replacement.
- Pools of water: This clearly indicates that your rain gutters are not working properly. If you see pools of water in your rain gutters after a storm and a rain gutter cleaning doesn't solve the issue, you may need to consider a replacement.
- Loose nails and screws: If you start to notice that the nails or screws of your water-collection system are becoming loose even when you put them in place again, you need to consider replacing your rain gutters.
As you can see, many of these situations are not real threats to your home until they start to happen repeatedly. Durability is a factor you must always consider. If you reach this point, a rain gutter repair may not be enough, and you will probably need to replace your rain gutters. Remember that paying for a replacement today could represent saving money on expensive repairs tomorrow.
If you need to repair or replace your rain gutters, then you should select qualified professionals like the ones at Rain Gutters Solution to guarantee a job well done. You can call us at (305) 270-7779
or go to our contact section, and we will gladly help you solve your rain gutter problems.
Find us on Facebook at RainGuttersSolution
, and follow us on Instagram @RainGuttersSolution
so you don't miss any of our news or announcements.