5 Gutter Accessories You Need to Add to Your Next Gutter Installation
December 04, 2018
We usually focus our attention on the importance of having a properly working gutter system in order to protect your property and its foundation. However, today we want to break the routine and we present you five gutter accessories
that will certainly give a fancy touch to your gutter installation and your neighbors will notice.
When it comes to making your home stand out in your neighborhood, decorative elements are key, and you can find a wide variety of options available in the market in different materials including copper, stainless steel, vinyl, aluminum, among others. All these ornamented options are also made to fit any gutter style and size in order to provide not only a style but durability and efficiency.
Let's check out these top 5 of fancy gutter accessories that you may not have even been aware existed.
#1 Rain Chains
The origins of rain chains come from the Japanese culture which they used to collect rainwater by hanging linked chains from the roof to the ground, and at the end, they put a container to collect water for household usage. Over the last decade, rain chains have become very popular among homeowners since they accomplish their main function as a downspout while adding aesthetic value to your property's curb appeal.
There are two main styles of rain chains: link chains and cup chains. The link chain style has a modern design, with simple lines that make them look really close to the original Japanese design. The peace that you feel watching the water falling downwards and listening to the pleasing sounds that chains produce, is just a spectacle that you should have in your garden.
On the other hand, cup chains are more elegant, thanks to their sophisticated finish in copper or aluminum and made in beautiful shapes, like small cups, square cups, flowers or bells. They are preferred by customers because they produce less splash than link chains and they can handle higher volumes of water. However, both styles are great decorative options to highlight your fašade and add an extra value to your property, in case you want to sell it.
#2 Leaf Guards
Leaf guards are accessories that are placed over your gutters and act as a filter barrier that keeps leaves, twigs and other debris out of your drainage system while allowing water to flow without interruption. They also reduce the need to constantly check and clean your gutters. The variety of leaf guards that you can find in the market allows to adapt them to any style of rain gutter you may have. They come as:
- Foam guards: this is a popular type of leaf guards, made of polyurethane or polyether foam, which are installed inside the gutters to create a permeable top that allows the regular flow of water while catching most debris. They are inexpensive and can be treated with germicidal agents and prepared to resist UV rays.
- Mesh and screens: these are one of the most common options for gutter protection. Homeowners pick them because of their availability in the market and their low price. Mesh and screens come in metal and plastic varieties and are particularly apt for keeping out bulky debris like leaves and twigs. They are also versatile and can adjust to different kinds of roofs such as shingles, slates, steel, wood, and tile.
- Solid cover: Solid cover guards, as the name implies, cover almost the entire rain gutter surface but for a small opening. They are installed along the slope of the roof, which makes water flow into them naturally while leaves just fall over them. They are sturdy and, if installed correctly, can last for a very long time. They can also be easily cleaned with a hose, saving you the trouble and danger of working in high places.
Installing leave guards to your gutter system is an investment that will enhance your drainage system's durability and appearance.
#3 Splash Blocks
When there is a storm, you can notice that the water comes out the downspout really hard because of the gravity. Hence, when rainwater is not directed away from your property, it can cause severe dampness damages in walls and foundations, not to mention the soil erosion in your yard. Therefore, it is a must to install splash blocks, so you can forget about those undesirable issues.
You can find this useful device in plenty of decorative designs in the market, such as classic style, cascades, ponds, rectangle shaped and even with animals or leaves shapes. Also, if you prefer having another kind of drain system, there are underground pipes that are connected to the downspout and carry the water to a specific point on the ground.
#4 Downspout extension
Downspouts can be a very important tool for preventing water damage. A properly working drainage system is essential to avoiding moisture and corrosion in your home, which is why you need downspouts and downspout extensions.
Among the different types of downspout extension are:
- Flexible: this type of extension can connect many other extensions together, allowing them to bend around corners.
- Roll-out: this mechanical extension roll out between 50 and 100 inches when filled with water and it automatically retracts afterwards.
- Flip-up: this extension has hinges that allow it to flip up when it is full of rainwater.
#5 Ornamented Hangers/Brackets
If you have half-rounded gutters and decide to give a fancy touch to their hangers or brackets, there are some ornamented options for you. Hanger and brackets come in different designs for every kind of tastes, including flowers and sea animals, providing extra support to the gutters while adding sophistication and distinction.
These are only five of the wide variety of decorative items that you can find in the gutter market, all of them are great complements that you can add to your gutter system in case you want to boost your property's curb appeal, leaving behind those boring gutters and transform them into a work of art guaranteed.
Are you tired of your ordinary rain gutters? Search no more! Here, at Rain Gutters Solution we can replace or install stunning accessories to your drainage system to shine among your neighborhood, made of high-quality materials in order to provide you both beautiful designs and functionality. At Rain Gutters Solution we rely on a team of highly-trained professionals who can advise home and business owners on how to choose the right rain gutter material and accessories for a flawless installation. If you made up your mind, contact us at (305) 270-7779
or fill out the contact
form below to schedule your appointment with us. We are sure to meet all your rain gutter needs!
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to rain gutters? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @RainGuttersSolution
, Twitter @Gutterssolution
and Instagram @RainGuttersSolution